Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

There was a 5.9 earthquake...the building shook a ton, it was cool (3/17/14)

Glad you had a good Birthday :) I think I might get on again later to send some pics because I forgot my camera. 

Its been pretty awesome we had a baptism yesterday and I got in the water. Shes cool and bore her testimony after telling everyone of her friends they should follow her and be baptized as well. Haha I still like American Football I just haven't been able to see it. I know when I get home Ill remember my love for it. Ha But I'm also excited to watch soccer we will be watching the Fifa world  cup soon so I will show you guys why soccer is cool! 

Yeah we will take the pic this week! That's what life is about enjoying everything right! How did they do? They called me and asked me about which airport... And I said Honolulu Hawaii haha But they haven't send me the plans. So when I get them Ill send them to you.

This week was another busy one but was full of miracles really I've seen a lot of prayers answered. First of all Jessica got baptized. Shes awesome has a really strong testimony. She is preparing to go on a mission she reads Preach My Gospel and they help to find people. Its really awesome. In the baptism like I said she bore her testimony saying everyone should experience this! I was honored to baptize her. 
    The miracles have come. We set goals to talk to more people daily and we met Valentina. She works in a store close to us. We were there and I just felt I should talk to her I asked her if shes heard the missionary and then said would you like to? She accepted we taught her two days later and she accepted to get to know the Church and if she asks and feels an answer she would be baptized. She said shes needed something to help her be better and shes never been baptize. But she could got to church this week so we will see If she will actually progress. 
     After that Tracy's dad Carlos finally chose a date to be baptized. Her was supposed the 8th of March but now will the 29th. He was all excited to tell us and chose my comp to baptize him. We´re stoked for him it'll help his family a lot! Hes the only one not baptized. Then Jessica's sister said the closing prayer in her baptism. Shes 16 her names Paloma and she said in the prayer I hope all of you can come to my baptism which will be soon. Then told us its set for the 29th! She wanted to get baptized with her friend Tracy(a different one) But her parents didn't let her. They told her when she is 18 and no longer lives in there house. Its sad. 
    Then this whole week Hna. Cecilia who was going to get baptized with Jessica. Her and her son, Lucas, Were started to like lose there enthusiasm to listen to us to read the Book of Mormon and to get baptized. She was sick all week but we asked if she wanted to go watch the baptism. She accepted and we took her there in a car of a member. She loved it and everybody was happy she went. They got all excited again to read and they went to Church and she was all happy it was cool to see the spirit working with her and helping her out again! We want to help her get baptized the 29th. OH and were working with Jessica's dad to get him baptized but it might take a while they have to get married. But Jessica brought three friends to Church so this week we´re going to contact there families and teach them more! We´re extremely blessed but we are dead tired everyday. 
There are a ton of spiders in our house we have killed a ton and they're all poisonous! But I'm still alive. There was an Earthquake yesterday and in the city below us a Tsunami warning. A few missionaries had to sleep in the Church. I didn't even feel the first Earthquake during the day it must have been kinda small cause we were walking and didn't feel anything. But last night at like 2 there was a bigger ones, I think it was a 5.9 earthquake and we were sleeping in an apartment building. The building shook a ton, but it was cool. We are fine though!!


Keep me updated on everything there, Love ya mom!
Elder Farnworth

No comments:

Post a Comment