Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Your son full of fleas loves you...(2/17/14)

That will be awesome to see the baptism that you have taken a big part in. It is the best feeling I think there is. Honestly, you will see! Sounds good about school, that has always been you wanting to party more, haha just kiddin. Megan going to the cave, looks like I will be living upstairs right? Sounds like a plan! But I am glad to hear you had such a cool week!! Antofagasta was awesome. I think I had already gotten your package, Is it the one with stuff from the ward also, and the pillow case?? Cause I got that one. That will be the last one right?

This week was straight up awesome. We have been incredible blessed I know it’s because we’ve been working to pray with more faith and show I faith by being obedient. But I have some pretty sweet stories this week! First of all the story starts out with Tracy and I’m pretty sure we talked about her the last time I wrote. What happened is she got baptized the weekend before I got here. She used to live like this crazy life of drinking partying drugs what not but she went to church once because the missionaries invited her so many times (she has siblings that are members) that she finally went. When she went she felt the spirit and loved it. Right after they invited her to be baptized and when she got baptized she completely changed her life around and LOVES the church and all the things she’s felt. Because of that love she has been trying to convert everyone and she wants to be a missionary. She brought her dad, which was an answer to our prayers as week asked for chosen or elect people, to come unto us. Her dad, Carlos is getting baptized the 8th of March. Then she brought her best friend, Jessica, Who her FIRST NIGHT after reading the Book of Mormon prayed and felt that it was true. We asked her last night in the lesson "So do you believe you got an answer?" She responded "I wouldn’t have come today if I didn’t get an answer...” She also went to church once and is already telling her friends she goes and wants to be a missionary, another answer to our prayers. She’s getting baptized the 22nd of March, so we can get her dad and sister too (Her mom turns out to be a member).

Then we have Aldolfo, who’s 21. His family are all active but he lives with another family and like always has or something. But he’s trying to get closer to his real family. So they brought him to church and we gave him a Book of Mormon last week. He read his assignment which was sweet and went to church again. We had a lesson with him and his entire family, and invited him to be baptized. As I was inviting him his whole family laughed. (It was a joke) Because they literally thought he didn’t want much to do with it, which also bugged me. But he said I don’t know I have to think about it. But luckily they had a few people knock the door. The parents starting talking to them and we kept talking with him. He then told us "What do I need to do to get baptized?"  I told him and he said "I’ve actually been looking and wanting a way to come closer to God and to feel happier. I wanna get baptized the 15th I just have to make sure it’s all right with the family I live with." So we have him for the 15th of March. And then this week Tomas helped us in a lesson (And he’s still an investigator haha) He shared his experience with Jessica, Tracy’s friend, about how he got a testimony about the Book of Mormon. This got her to ask Heavenly Father and got her to get her answer. He’s a stud and is getting baptized this weekend.

And that’s not all. This family who we’ve been working with, The Mom and son went to church. She said "I like everything about your church, except that you say you are the only ones with the truth." I started explaining that other churches have parts but she said "No I just have to keep coming so I can get used to it." I don’t know when but she will get baptized. :) Then we had another Mom and Daughter at church who the mom is really open. She asked if she has to be baptized again but in the Mormon church. We said yes by the right authority and to receive the Holy Ghost. But she talks a TON! So we weren’t able to put an exact date. But she said she liked church and wants us to keep going by and her daughter does as well. We´ve been extremely blessed. 

Being a Zone leader isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Going to Antofagasta killed me, but I got to see Patricia and Alexis who I helped find and were baptized last year. They are Kapos (that means awesome, or studly). But it’s a lot of work. We learned this week how to find less actives using the government, so now we have to teach all the missionaries here how to do it. It’s good though I’m learning how to serve other missionaries more.

All right that’s it for this week, Know the Church is true, and that your son full of fleas loves you and loves this work.
Chau :)

Elder Farnworth

No comments:

Post a Comment