Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

It was awesome seeing you all!

*We enjoyed talking to Zachary on Christmas Day!  He skyped us from an internet cafe in Iquique.  He only had a little over an hour, but talked with Megan, Jacob and Jordan and then Dave and I.  He was then able to talk to Kaleb!  It was cool to hear them say things in their languages and see the similarities.  They talked about their goals each week, and those were very different because of the different countries they are in:)  It made our Christmas to be able to talk to these boys, they are loved and missed! 


















*This is Zac's letter on Monday, December 30, 2013

Yeah Grandma told me whats going on with Grandpa Shepherd. I hope he gets better, sounds like hes in pretty bad shape. But Grandpa's a tough guys he will get through it,  we will definitely be praying for him.

It was awesome seeing you all!  We had a good Christmas day. I don't  know if I ever explain how they celebrate Christmas here but they do it in the night. They stay up til 12 and open all there presents and then play will them all night. Then sleep in the morning on Christmas day. So we went to a dinner with family and then at like 9 00 Then waited in the pension from 1030 til 1200 and we opened our gifts. We drew names, us four and everybody bought sweet gifts. I got a cup to drink mate. Its pretty sick I don't know if you know what mate is, you should look it up, I know it exists in the states. Its this drink that gives you energy, it's good! Then Christmas night we went and taught an investigator. This week we have dinner for New Years with our ward mission leader. Hes a really nice guy and served with a bunch of gringos so he knows how to make American food :) 

This week went well! We found new people to teach. We found this guy in the street that told us he wants to change his life and be baptized. So we told him to meet with us at the Church Tuesday but he was a little drunk, but hopefully we can change him. Ha then we found this Colombian who was really interested. She told us about how she doesn't believe there's a true church and that each person finds there own true church. We told and testified that God would not be an artist of so much confusion. So she committed to read and pray and go to Church to see if she feels its true. Than this other girl, Maria, was planning to go to Church. Her dad is a member, but she isn't. Anyway she didn't go to church, but during sacrament came to church and told us sorry. I was like, wow she really wanted to come. We want to put a date for baptism this week. That's about it, I'm used to this sector and I feel like were good friends with the members. The members gave me 3 references on Sunday. They all came to me haha, I thinks its because I talk a lot to everyone. It was cool tho. We're working with members :) 
Well I love you guys!  Thanks for skyping, it was awesome. Miss you,  but time flies ;) 
Love you!
Elder Farnworth

No comments:

Post a Comment