Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

FELIZ NAVIDAD!!

This week we had a pretty good week. It’s kinda of been hard because the majority of our investigators sell things for week in like swap meets, so we weren’t able to find them and also we couldn’t get anyone in church. It was one of the weeks where you look back and say "good thing next week will be better" But I think it was cause we just have a lot of people that aren’t that interested. It’s a interesting sector, everyone is from different countries. But we have some solid references and a ton of families helping us out in the work.

We had a sweet lesson with the guy Rodrigo with the Bishop. It was cool because we were just walking and we felt we should go visit him. Well actually it was my comp, I was being a little less patient and said I don’t know, he’s kinda of an eternal investigator. But we went and had a super spiritual lesson. He had told us that he didn’t know why he needed to be baptized. I shared John 3:3-5 and said straight up we are not here just to get people to go to Church or just to get baptized cause we want them too. It’s to open the doors to the Celestial Kingdom... And he sat there thinking. Then said but I haven’t gotten an answer. I said how did you feel when you prayed. He said calm.. The bishop started talking a bit explaining how he will feel when he feels the spirit. But I felt like that was his answer, so I shared D&C 6:23 I think it is. That says I spoke peace to your heart, what more of an answer do you need from God? And he just sat there thinking. Then said know what, I did feel a lot more peaceful that night than any other night... So we said will you be baptized, but he still said not yet. But said he would, just doesn’t know when. The spirit was so strong though. Were going to keep working with him, he's an awesome dude, It was cool spiritual experience for us.

Then we had a ward party Saturday and brought 3 people. They liked it and made friends, it was good. There’s this thing they do here in Chile where Santa drives around in like trucks and takes presents to kids houses and throw candy out. It’s kinda of annoying cause they honk a ton all day but its cool for the kids ha. I took some pics. Its weird thought because it doesn’t feel like Christmas still... it’s too hot and there’s no snow haha. Anyways I’m stoked for skyping. I’m going to get on at like 3:30 to have a half hour with Kaleb there too. Would that be all right? 
Well, love you all take care and FELIZ NAVIDAD!!

Elder Farnworth 



Feeding pigeons on p-day morning while we ate bread for breakfast, haha we're poor

Add caption


No comments:

Post a Comment