Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

I love how we feel the spirit so strong when helping other people

It was a little hard with my comp at first, but now we are buds. It's just different speaking in spanish all the time, but things are going good. We went around telling everybody it was the fourth of july everyone knows what it is, but nobody really remembered. I put the star spangled banner as my ring tone, haha it was funny.
This week was good, we have a baptism this week. Its the son of a less active. She smokes and hadnt been for 20 years. The first day I met her we didn't even talk about the church. I just talked to her like a friend and at acted like we knew each other (and it felt like we did, it was weird) But yeah at the end I said, oh yeah and are you coming to church sunday. She said ehh maybe, if you call me and wake me up, maybe I'll go. So we called her, and SHE CAME! Then came up to us and said I need you to baptize my son. So we are and also helping her quit smoking. Shes awesome now. My comp says when he met her he hated her. She would blow smoke in there face and would say I'll never stop and never am going back to church. And she wennnnnt, ha!
 
Then we have Eli whos parents wont let her get baptized, but we are fasting and praying. Then we have Francia who knows this is true and knows she needs baptism by immersion, but its hard for her to let the virgin Mary go, but with time. Then we found a family of four whose mom has cancer. They're going through a rough time, but the mom said I need to be closer to God or she said something like that. She is a little rebellious, I dont know. But she's sweet, she said she hopes one day her fam can all be members. So we are goin to help them with that.
It's awesome because we pray that people who are need can be found in the sector then a week later find them. Oh and one more fam whos mom cheated on the dad and the dad killed himself. So a 16and 17 year old couple is taking care of 12, 10, 5 and 2 month old kids. But we are helping them and we brought them bread and stuff. I love how we can feel the spirit so strong when helping other people. And when we feel the spirit helping others through us. I love missionary work!! I might ask for extension because I'll just be bumming the summer out if not, ya know.
 
Kaleb liked the temple, that is good. He will be a stud missionary, he looks good in the pics and old. That is sad about Scotts son... Tell jord I say hi and are your classes hard? Everyone I tell think its cool your a teacher, ha and me too! Its goin to be cool when I see you teaching. ha. You can't tell your missionary son how much time he has, ha! Today me and a missionary we live with were talking about it and I got teary eyed (Didnt cry, just teary eyed) thinking about the day I'll have to hang up the pack. I love this too much to think about it now. I wanna see you guys, but don't want to stop serving.
I love you mom and dad, miss you a bunch. Let everybody know i say hi and I love them!
Heres some pics, love ya!
 
Elder Farnworth
 
                                 Elder Farnworth and Elder Rogers at a Zone Conf.
                                           Zac and his baptism in Arica
 

                                    Zac made brownies for a competition
                                      Will stop for soccer players??
                               "We are here to save the world-in a missionary way"
                    Paintballing on p-day.  "Zac said we are here to save the world"
                 Elder Farnworth and his comp Elder Contretra in Copiapo at FHE
                    Lady we reactivated who wants us to baptize her son.
Francia @ Church
 
                                                              SERVICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment