Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

I'm getting moved, just to the other side of town!


How’s St George? Sounds nice! It’s starting to cool off here. It’s nice, a little less sun, so I won’t be as burnt. But yeah, I’ve loved this sector. But I’m getting moved, just to the other side of the town!  I’m so bummed to be leaving sweet converts and a baptism date with Claudia. She was sad but I think I might come back on Friday and baptize her, it’s just a bus ride away.  

So this week was pretty crazy, we had a baptism! His name is Gonzalo and he was a golden investigator. He had heard from the missionaries before and always wanted to here from them again. He said he would see missionaries and they wouldn’t talk to him. As soon as we found out he wasn’t a member, we taught him and he was basically already ready and had been going to Church for the last little while. We baptized him Sunday night, it was awesome. He was so stoked to change his life, he says the whole world needs to have the word of wisdom and the law of chastity and all the commandments. I was like, more people here need to have your attitude, ha-ha. Before he got baptized he was asking about being a missionary, ha-ha it was awesome. The only bummer is we can’t keep visiting him, because I'm moving and four sisters are taking over my sector, but still a great last week.


We were also able to teach some other good people. In fact, I found a lady named Gricel and her daughter Zaira who loved me. Her mom wants me to marry her daughter, ha-ha. She had been taught before and almost got baptized, but got to busy and couldn’t. But I found her for a reason. The only problem is, I just got moved to this other side of the city... Bummer huh? I hate saying goodbye to converts. Especially the 13 year old kid who already is learning to recognize the spirit, unreal right? He’s more spiritual than I was when I was thirteen. I LOVE this work and seeing people like that. He keeps saying to me "don’t leave, don’t leave". Sucks, but luckily we have facebook for after the mission.

But my new part of the city should be awesome, I’ve heard good things and my new comp is a stud. He has more time then me, but I’m still senior comp. I don’t know why president keeps doing this. Ha its kind of awkward being younger and leading, but I can’t say I don’t like it. Kinda surprised I’m not training, especially because president told in December I would... weird. But I just want to keep working.
Anyway, Tell Kaleb I’m stoked for him. I’m praying he is called to my mission, then I will train him :) Would be awesome! I’ll send you guys some pics and will be praying for you recovery and that the surgery goes well.

Hope all is well. Love you guys!

Elder Farnworth
                          Me and my comp Elder Vargas and Gonzalo.
                                            Me and Gonzalo, My convert!
                                Daughters and friends of Mamita.
 We built this for the sister missionaries that are coming. We also built a bed and 2 desks!
                       Service for the lady who wants me to marry her daughter. 
                             Don't have pics with her, I was too scared, ha ha!
                      Filipe, my other baptism.  He's awesome and feels the spirit so strong.
                                   Just a strong member. His Cool guys and helps us a ton.
                                                                After the baptism!
                                                             The Mamitas Family!
                                                       Our ties the members gave us!
                                                  Shes our mamita, Strongest lady ever!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment