Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Three baptisms this Saturday...

A few sweet things happened this week. First off,  the 18th of September is like crazy here. Everyone, literally everyone, is drunk. Ha, it’s nuts!  Since everyone is drunk, we couldn’t have appointments and what not so we just played soccer that night . So we played three on three, Latin’s verses gringos. Me and two other gringos against Latinos who actually play soccer and we crushed them. Like BAD they were so mad, haha. We beat Latin’s at there own sport.

Then, that night we were watching church movies (I think it was the Work and the Glory or something like that) and one of the missionaries fell asleep. So we all made a plan to put an alarm next to him and then all get up and starting getting ready like its morning, but it was like 2 in the morning. Haha, it worked and we got him to think it was the morning and he got all ready at breakfast and everything.

Then on Thursday I think it was I took one of the new missionaries and did splits. I was the senior companion for the day so I chose everything we did and lead all the lessons and everything. Man that was cool being like the older one for once. Then yesterday  I told someone I was from Peru and it was like, oh yeah that’s awesome. Then I was like, not really I'm from the US and he goes, you talk better than Elder Packard.  I really thought you were from Peru.
Haha, Cool huh?

I have three baptisms for this saturday and the other day we found some new people to teach so things are working along. I've been blessed to see a lot of success,  other missionaries in my same group haven't had any baptisms yet.

Well there’s my cool stories for the week. Feel better mom and thank you for the package and birthday wishes!  Thanks everyone for your emails and for your support, I appreciate it so much.

I love you all!
Elder Farny

No comments:

Post a Comment