Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

At times I feel Chilean...ha!

My week was Great! This week has been probably the best week of my mission. We’re working hard and have been able to see it pay off. The girl that we are going to baptize, her mom is also interested so we are teaching her and also her Uncle, so we we’ll see what happens. Ill take some pictures but I don’t think I’m baptizing, but maybe, we will see. This week I got really really sick, but took grandmas medicine at felt good immediately. Nothing too crazy happened this past week. One night I woke up in the middle of the night and heard gunshots again, but I’m used to it now.

At times I feel Chilean, haha, it’s awesome. I feel really good about my Spanish. Kinda far from fluent, But every one tells me for only three months I can talk really well. I can almost understand everything I hear. We were at a member’s house and the dad was talking to his son about the gift of tongues and how I definitely have it. Which is true, I’m blessed. The bishop told me a story of a missionary who was in my area for four months and could barely talk all four months. I’m very blessed that it’s coming so quick. Also, this week we played soccer and a missionary told me I'm good which is rare for us gringos. So Basically I’m Chilean. Sure you didn’t adopt from a Chilean family?? Haha,no jk.

We just ate at TGI Fridays. They play all English music and it was like all the songs I listened to and even the song I had as my ring tone. I was trying so hard not to sing it! That’s got to be the toughest thing not listening to the music. I’m happy to be in a different country, when I think about what is was like when I was in the states it felt like... Weird.

There were only two from the MTC at the zone conference. That seems like it was forever ago, yeah it was fun though. OH YEAH, we had our welcome meeting this week with all our MTC group and the president. It was awesome he told us the Lord is blessing them with good missionaries and he thinks were all going to be really good missionaries. It got me excited.  My mission mom is awesome, she is just incredible one of the nicest ladies I’ve ever met! And the President is awesome too. He basically is a giant, he’s six four and he’s really good at basketball.

I love what I’m doing I love Chile. Some missionaries are trunky (that’s what they call it when you work and everything but you would rather be home). I’m far from trunky. I love exactly where I am. This is the greatest experience it’s everything I thought my mission would be.

Well, I’m glad to hear all of you are having fun and that everything is going good at home. What did Jake say? Better be no... ha! Is it weird only having three kids? Seems like that’d be weird. I’ve been praying for Grandpa, is he doing any better now? I hope he gets better. Definitely keep me updated on who won the first BYU game! I forgot my camera today but will send a bunch of pictures next week.

Anyway, thank you for all the support. Couldn´t be here without you. I love you all.

Con Amor,
Elder Farnworth

No comments:

Post a Comment